Understanding the UK Education System
This 7 days study visit will address a need of European education establishments to increase their capacity to operate at EU/international level and learn about the education systems and pedagogical methods used in the UK schools, including support of students from disadvantaged background, and, thus, develop their own professional skills.
- • Broader understanding of practices, policies and systems in education in the UK
- • Improved competences, linked to their professional profiles (English language skills, analytical and IT skills, creativity and motivation
- • Increased capacity of an educational institution to operate at EU/international level
- • Increased ability to address the needs of the disadvantaged
- • Increased knowledge of British culture and intercultural skills.
- • Improve the level of key competences and skills, linked to professional profile of participants
- • Increase knowledge of the UK education system
- • Increase knowledge of support available for children from migrant background
- • Increase capacity and international dimension of education establishments
- • Increase cultural awareness of participants
The British Education System is very different to that of the rest of the world. The participants will get an insight into how schools in the UK operates, leading to new teaching ideas and improvement.
Learning outcomes of the study visit:
Aims of the study visit are the following:
Methods used:Combination of methodology sessions, case studies, practical activities in the field and visits to local schools.
How to Apply?
POSSIBLE ERASMUS+ FUNDING
Mobility project for school education staff under Key Action 1 (staff training) follow the link here: Opportunities for staff
Who can take part?Any teachers, school leaders, librarians and other staff from pre-primary, primary and secondary education institutions in programme countries can take part
(all EU countries and former Yugoslav, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, Republic of Macedonia, Norway, Turkey and Iceland).
How to Apply?
Please, do not hesitate to contact us if your school would like to take part in the proposed trainings. Send your express of interest email to: